What is Muscle Activation Techniques™
MAT is a revolutionary approach to the assessment and correction of muscular imbalances in the human body. It is a straight forward drug-free, non-invasive technique with proven results. First, the MAT Specialist identifies restrictions in motion, joint instability, muscular tightness, compensation patterns and muscle weakness. Then, carefully designed MAT protocols are used to “jumpstart” the muscles to get them working the way they were intended to work.
Who Can Benefit From MAT
Athletes, fitness enthusiasts, active and/or sedentary individuals who have experienced any of the following conditions can benefit from MAT.
- Injury or pain in muscles and/or joints
- Limitations in motion or flexibility
- Impaired performance
- Muscular weakness or tightness
MAT’s goal is to restore function to anyone who wishes to move and play pain free!
If you want to…
- Move without pain
- Enjoy your favorite activities and experience a noticeable improvement in the quality of life
- Experience a results-oriented, individualized program like no other, then
…YOU NEED MUSCLE ACTIVATION TECHNIQUES™
- The Science Behind MAT
- USATF Announces Results of Pre-run Stretch Study
- Can stretching prior to exercise & sports improve performance & prevent injury
- Effects of Muscle Activation Techniques
- US News – No bending or twisting
About the founder / developer of MAT
Greg Roskopf, MA, is the owner and president of Muscle Activation Techniques TM in Denver, Colorado. He holds a master’s degree in exercise physiology from California State University, Fresno, and has worked with high performance athletes for many years. Greg is a frequent speaker at several fitness and other allied health industry events, and has been a contributing author for several trade and peer reviewed publications. He is also a biomechanics expert who has worked as a consultant for the Denver Broncos, Denver Nuggets and Utah Jazz.