We are exposed to thousands of toxins everyday from the air we breathe, the food we eat, and the water we drink. Our body systems can’t keep up. The load is too heavy. Detoxing is necessary and a way to help take the burden off our bodies. Here are some detoxing ideas you can do on our own.
- Lemon in the morning – Squeeze the juice of one half lemon or lime in warm water upon rising. Lemon juice will help to flush your liver and kidneys and works as a powerful detoxifier and alkalizer.
- Drink Water – Drink at least half your body weight in ounces or more of water per day. Water can help to flush out your system naturally if you drink enough of it.
- Clean Diet – Try cleaning up your diet for a couple of weeks. Choose from grass-fed beef, hormone-free chicken, lamb, and eggs, fresh wild fish, shellfish, organic berries of all kinds, organic apples, plenty of colorful veggies, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, celery, green beans, lettuce, onions, asparagus, tomatoes, spaghetti squash, yellow squash, and zucchini. Eat good fats such as avocados, avocado oil, olive oil, coconut oil, small amounts of nuts and seeds. Eliminate all dairy, cured meats, sugar, caffeine, processed and refined foods, eliminate starches such as cereals, potatoes, sweet potatoes, butternut squash and acorn squash, breads, root vegetables such as turnips, parsnips, beets, beans, rice, and alcohol.
- Sweat in a sauna – Start with 5 minutes and work up to 20 minutes 2-3 times per week. Up to a quart of water can be released through your sweat within 15 minutes of being in the sauna. Sweating also helps to detoxify the body of heavy metals while helping to decrease the toxic load on the liver and kidneys. Make sure you hydrate more to make up for the sweat you lost to avoid dehydration and continue to help the body flush out the toxins.
- Rebounding – Jump out the toxins by jumping on a mini trampoline. Rebounding aids the lymphatic circulation by stimulating the millions of one-way valves in the lymphatic system. A trampoline also allows your knees and body to bounce without stress.
- Exercise – Exercise makes you sweat, which promotes the release of toxins from your body at a faster rate. Yoga (especially hot yoga), Jump roping, Qigong (a martial arts program that includes exercises specific for detoxifying or cleansing), walking 10,000 steps per day, Interval Training, whatever you can do to move at least 5 days per week .
- Massage – Get a massage from a registered massage therapist. The strokes and pressure applied to muscles, tissues and organs during massage therapy help stimulate the circulatory system. Massage can also enhance the venous return which is essential for the removal of toxins. Make sure to drink a lot of water after to flush out your system and make sure the toxins leave your body.
- Aromatherapy Baths – Soak in tub up to 20 minutes, 3 times per week before bed. Baths help to reduce stress, soothe muscles, and encourages detoxing by opening the pores and stimulating lymph flow. Quality essential oils can be added to your bath water as well for an enhanced treatment or try adding epsom salt. Epsom salt baths increase magnesium levels in the body, which is required for detoxifying cells. It also helps to detoxify metals from the body. Just mix 2 cups epsom salt in bathwater and soak. Another sample detox bath – 2 cups Hydrogen Peroxide, 1 Tablespoon dried ginger. Fill bath with warm/hot water, add hydrogen peroxide and dried ginger.
- Drink Tea – Drink Herbal Teas instead of your morning coffee – 2 cups of Nettle tea is good for kidney cleansing, dandelion tea for liver cleansing, rose hip tea for small intestine and fenugreek tea for colon. 2 cups works for all teas. Green tea is rich in antioxidants and also helps detoxify free radicals. It may also help protect the liver from toxic damage. Again drink 2-3 cups of green tea daily
- Skin Brushing – Stimulates lymph flow, increases circulation, and stimulates your skin’s oil-producing glands. Use a firm vegetable brush. Skin brushing may also help reduce the appearance of cellulite and promote toned skin. It is best done early in the day, take a shower or bath after to remove dead skin. Use a medium-firm vegetable brush with natural bristles.
For more information on detoxing and advanced detoxing techniques contact: ABD Life at info@advancedbodydynamics or 303-790-7650 The information presented here is for educational purposes only and is in no way a substitute for medical counseling. If you are pregnant or have a health condition, consult a doctor before adding anything to your health routine.