When I was growing up, this was the meal that I requested for my birthday for a number of years. I LOVED it!
- 1/2 cup fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons onion, mincded
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, snipped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound beef tenderloin, cut into thin slices
Cook and stir mushrooms, onion, garlic, salt, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce in 1/4 cup butter until mushrooms are tender. Keep sauce on very low heat to keep warm. Stir in parsley when ready to serve.
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in skillet; turning once, cook tenderloin slices over medium-high heat to medium doneness, about 3-4 minutes on each side. Serve with mushroom sauce. Enjoy!