For a quick, scientific definition, Chiropractic is the science of locating areas of spinal misalignment (also known as joint dysfunction or subluxation), the art of correcting them and the philosophy of helping your body heal naturally.

Your body is subject to numerous traumas throughout each day.  There are two categories of traum; micro and macro.  Micro-trauma occurs through the way you sit, stand, sleep or exercise.  Lifting wrong, working too much and STRESS all have impacts on your spine.  Macro-traumas are more apparent types of traumas that come from things like car accidents, sports injuries or bad falls.  Both types of traumas can result in misalignments of the spine.  Your spine is the lifeline to your nervous system.  These misalignments irritate your nervous system.  Your nervous system controls every single cell in your body.  It has been said that a mere 10% of your nervous system conveys the message of pain, which means the other 90% is controlling all of your body’s functions.  The way we breathe, digest, see, hear, move and all other functions are controlled by our nervous system.  So, if we irritate a nerve that conveys the message of pain, we will feel pain as a result.  However, if we irritate a nerve that controls a particular function we will not feel pain at all.  We will just not function properly.  Correcting these misalignments and removing the irritation/interference from the nervous system will allow your body to operate at its maximum ability on all levels.

Stay tuned to this blog for further details about chiropractic.  I will be covering some of the frequently asked questions in the upcoming weeks.

Pin It on Pinterest

Keep in touch!

Stay up to date on our latest health articles, advice, upcoming webinars and specials.

You have Successfully Subscribed!